One Year at SBU!
I'm approaching my one year anniversary at Stony Brook University Libraries and I can't believe how quickly it's flown by and how much I've learned and experienced! It's been an incredible year, for sure. I'm in the process of compiling a document of all my activities, presentations, and accomplishments for my annual evaluation (customary for tenure-track positions) and it's been cool to go back and reflect on everything I've done. Here are some of the highlights!
- 2 peer-reviewed articles published (one as sole author, one collaborative)
- 2 book chapters published (one as sole author, one collaborative)
- 13 presentations given
- Invited Speaker at St. John's University
- Accepted for the Children's Literature Fellowship (to be completed in 2018 with an Advanced Certificate in Creative Writing)
- 23 course-integrated instruction sessions taught (undergrad & grad courses)
- Elected Director on ASLS Board (a subset of NYLA)
- Developed and published an online information literacy course
- Completed the University Libraries website redesign!
I'm so excited to see what new adventures and opportunities this year will bring!